In the near future, health and educational equity will be a part of the fabric of the American service delivery system for all communities and all people so that all among us are well-rounded and fully functioning members of society.
To provide training and consultative services to entities serving the public so they may model cultural and linguistic competency and thereby help to close the health care disparities gap for people of color and the underserved and close the achievement gap for students of color and underrepresented students.
Noddings’ notion of caring as a dynamic and fully experienced interaction, Vygotsky’s recognition of the power of the interface with a caring adult, respect, accountability, and inclusion in each and every encounter are values integral to the work.
MGHayes-C&LC provides a 2- day ten hour experiential and interactive training in cultural and linguistic competency. The training has been approved for CEUs for a variety of health care professionals and CMEs for dentists and physicians.
- The increasingly diverse landscape in the US requires 21st century strategies that are research-based and designed to specifically target underserved populations.
- This training is a new initiative to address the historical and unending reality of racial and ethnic disparities in health care and education which are well documented.
The goals of the training are to:
- Ensure that all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, language, country of origin, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, educational/intellectual levels, and physical/mental ability have access to and receive quality educational/health/mental health services
- Improve on the quality of educational/health/mental health care and other services delivered to all
- Increase the number of educators, health, and mental health professionals and others who are culturally and linguistically competent
- Improve the return on investment (ROI) by increasing access to care, follow up, and improved health outcomes for the emerging majority and underrepresented populations and comparable improvements in the quality of educational offerings and outcomes for emerging majority students
- Begin, enhance, or enrich the journey to cultural and linguistic competency
MGHayes-C&LC provides expert and research-based consultative services to assist with:
- Development of training modules
- Curriculum Development
- Integrating and infusing curriculum with the values and skill sets inherent in cultural and linguistic competency
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency
- Health Disparities
- Minority Health issues
- Mental Health issues
- Interpersonal Skills
- Good Listening Skills
- Public Speaking
- Closing the Achievement Gap
- Rigor and Relevance
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- What’s Culture Got To Do with It?
- Youth- K-12 issues-Closing the Achievement Gap
- Young Professionals in the Pipeline
- Health Care Professionals
- Business and Industry
- Faith and Community-based groups